Working with my hands all the time and the fact that we don’t have a dishwasher, (well we do their names are Christian and Erika) I’m always looking to moisturize my hands. I set out on a mission to find a great recipe for body butter using a mixture of coconut oil, shea butter, V-6 and/or almond oil and essential oils.
It took a few tries but eventually I got a blend that I like. It is a tad oily at first, but after just a few minutes it absorbs into the skin and leaves your hands soft and smelling delicious!
- 4oz or 1/2 a cup of raw shea butter
- 3oz or just under 1/2 a cup of solid coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of sweet almond oil or V-6 or a combination or both
- 15-30 drops of essential oils
- Glass jars to put the butter in (fills approximately 3 1/2 pint jars)
- Start by melting down the shea butter and coconut oil together in a stainless steal pan on medium/low heat.
- Once it’s fully melted put the mixture into a stainless steal mixing bowl (if you have a kichenaid mixer you can put it directly into that bowl) and place the bowl in the refrigerator for about an hour or until it is no loner liquid. Ideally you want to be able to press lightly into the mixture and leave a finger print.
- Using hand mixer or the kitchen aid, begin mixing and slowly add the almond or V-6 oil. *If it has hardened a bit too much use a spoon or spatula to scrape it from the side of the bowl.
- Continue mixing for 12-15 minutes or until the mixture becomes fluffy in appearance
- Add in the essential oils of your choice and continue blending everything together.
- Place the whipped mixture into one big jar or multiple smaller jars and use as gifts!
And that’s it! I’m not going to lie and say that this is going to work perfectly for you the first time you try it… it does take practice. But I really like this recipe.
Want to get started using Essential Oils for yourself and save 24% every time you order? CLICK HERE to get the Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit and our FREE guide “6 Ways to Start Using Essential Oils”! We’ll be in touch within 24 hours ❤ Erika & Monika