Why do I drink a glass of warm lemon water every morning!? Because of all the benefits!!
Every morning Erika and I have gotten into the wonderful habit of drinking a glass of warm water with half of a lemon juiced and about a teaspoon of locally grown honey. Not only is this delicious but it has tons of benefits! With the cold weather upon us it is also a great way to warm up first thing in the morning (we all know how freaking cold it is getting out and how hard it is to get out from under the sheets).
- Wakes you up! – Lemon juice will automatically boost your energy and heighten your senses. The natural smell of citrus will jumpstart your mood in a positive way.
- Decreases inflammation in your joints – As a yogi who practices daily, but also stares at a computer half of the day it is so important to keep my joints healthy.
- Gets things movin’! – (if you know what I mean…) It aids in digestion, a great way to start your day fresh.
- Finishes off your beauty sleep – That’s right.. lemon water can help clean your skin! My skin has always been huge issue for me, with adult acne, blemishes, and scarring. Since drinking lemon water in the morning, I have seen a significant change in the condition of my skin.
- Vitamins and more vitamins! – Lemons contain a crap ton of both Vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C will boost your immune system and potassium is great for brain and nerve function as well as heart health.
- Hydrates your organs – After a night’s rest, lemon water kick starts your organs by sending them love in the form of clean water.
- Fights colds and infections – Yup, it’s cold and flu season, that means viruses are everywhere and everyone is coughing and spreading those cute little germs. Lemon water is a great way to clear a sore throat, boost your immune system, and fight infections.
Finish your lemon water and want more during your day? NO WORRIES! You don’t need to carry all the lemons with you to work, only a little bottle of Lemon Essential Oil! All you need is a little aroma of the lemon to wake you right up again… or how about a lemon tea?!
Now go get your citrus on!
Want to get started using Essential Oils for yourself? CLICK HERE to get the Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit and our FREE guide “6 Ways to Start Using Essential Oils”! We’ll be in touch within 24 hours ❤ Erika & Monika